top of page

보건교육사회적협동조합 사이트 그룹

공개·회원 10명

Buy Glass Knobs !!LINK!!

Beautiful hardware for all those who appreciate the finer details in home design including residential, retailers, interior designers and commercial clients worldwide. Sourcing the best artisans from around the world to create unique, high-quality, hand crafted hooks, pulls and knobs. It's about time Who's ready for a remodel?

buy glass knobs

In the quest for beautiful hardware (while re-doing my nursery for the third time, because I'm cool like that), I discovered that Home Depot and Google wasn't cutting it. There had to be more but I couldn't find them and when I did find knobs I actually liked, they were soooo expensive ? whyyy?!

A mom-and-pop shop specializing in affordable, high quality, unique and beautiful home hardware for residential, retailers, interior designers and commercial clients worldwide. The largest selection of hooks, cabinet knobs, and drawer pulls online.

Glass and crystal cabinet and drawer knobs add a bright and elegant accent to any home. These authentically reproduced glass knobs come in a wide variety of sizes, styles, finishes and colors. Preserve your home's vintage charm with these classic glass and crystal accents.

Add antique knobs to your cabinets or furniture for a classic, timeless look. These knobs are crafted from a variety of materials including brass, pewter, zinc and acrylic. They are available in many styles, sizes and finishes. Add the perfect touch to your home renovation project with one of these classic knobs.

I purchased these knobs to replace modern knobs on a dark walnut china cabinet. They are very classic; they are not extremely shiny or "blingey", which is what I was trying to avoid. They were perfect for achieving the purpose of melding a modern piece of furniture into a more classic mode with a minimal investment. I would buy them again!

We had these old glass style knobs in our home that was built in the 1930's. When we remodeled about 10 years back it was important to try and stay with period-correct hardwares. We had been able to salvage almost all of the original doors and their original hardware (glass door knobs, brass hinges and brass engraved door locks and face plates). We found these and they were a perfect match and put them in the kitchen on our new cabinets. They match really well with the 80+ year old originals in the rest of the house. We get many compliments from guests about these beautiful glass cabinet pulls. I'm so glad we chose these for our kitchen and bath cabinets.

We see a lot of glass door knobs here at the Hippo Hardware. Not only in terms of style, but age as well. Glass doorknobs were produced widely for over 50 years! Although the glass part of the knob is the flash and style, a big trick to dating them is in the metal base. The subtle design choices can tell you the difference between a 1900 door knob and a 1940's doorknob. These can then tell you are sorts of useful things like "Are these original to my house?" or "are these knobs are from the same set?".

These were super rare and cutting edge at the time. We like to throw around the term 'mansion-ware' here for stuff like this - only owned by the very wealthy of the time (thus not a lot made). Some glass hardware already existed, notably cabinet knobs, but nothing in the way of door knobs. These knobs feature a very wide base with steps up to the glass. The knobs are frequently if not exclusively pinned (not like your girl in the 1950's but like a brass nail running through the base to attach the knob to the spindle). This has the plus side of being very secure and the downside of being very hard to remove. These knobs are most easily distinguished by their base. The glass came in hexagonal, round, and even some more unusual shapes such as egg shaped or faceted spheres.

Here we see glass knobs become a little more mainstream but still not much outside of the upper class. This era, again not widely produced, features the more narrow (and familiar) base like but maintains the straight shaft (meaning not threaded, as will become very common later). An easy way to note these knobs is the narrow base without threads (requiring a user to screw directly into the spindle instead of threading a screw through the base). These door knobs also came in a wide variety of glass shapes, although what we see most often are octagonal, shown here.

The first twist-on door knob came out right about 1915, give or take a few years. The twist on style revolutionized all door knobs at the time, glass and otherwise. Instead of needing lots of tiny washers to get your knobs the correct width apart for your door, you could just screw down your knob and tighten the set screw - Voila! Modern magic. These first glass twist-on door knobs feature the same heavy cast brass bases, but instead of a smooth square, are round and threaded inside. See below for a great example: a twist on glass egg doorknob, a fantastic carved glass octagonal doorknob, and a very unusual hollow glass knob filled with mercury. Some additional clues here are the convex style (rounded top instead of a cut face) tend to be from this era.

It was really the 1920's that saw glass door knobs in a huge percentage of homes. They became affordable and accessible and boy did those homeowners love 'em. Here we see the twist on style base with the with the heavy cast brass but the glass is generally a more standardized shape - octagonal with a cut face or fluted.

At hippo, this is generally the beginning of where our stock goes from the specialty case to the beautifully mounded bins. A lot of the really great novelty colors (green, amber, blue), such as these great black glass knobs, were produced in this era.

Glass doorknobs continued to be wildly popular, so much so that we really see the 'budget' versions getting big. Fluted style really overtakes the octagonal in popularity in the 1930's but both are still widely used. Although we don't have an exact date on when they started, something called 'contractor grade' aka 'super cheap' becomes much more common.

Additionally, as they become more wide spread, bases tend to move from cast brass to stamped brass over iron (like these guys - a fluted glass doorknob with a stamped brass base) or sometimes even stamped steel over iron. Additionally, this is really when we see all those unusual, creative glass shapes all but disappear. There were still outliers, but they become rare. Glass knobs had become more common in less affluent homes although were generally a step up from the plain steel knobs generally seen in working class homes of the time.

We finally start to see a small decline in glass knobs - octagonal fading much more quickly than fluted. Although they're still widely produced, they are beginning to lose their grip. Here we also get to see the beginning of the shift of the type of doorknobs you'd find at a new hardware store - the large drill outs and integrated latch. These knobs were produced in the 1940's through the early 1950's. We also see what we affectionately think of as the 'squashed' glass knob made by Dexter - a slightly squatter version of the fluted and round glass knob.

That certainly doesn't mean glass knobs weren't still made. Now, instead, the focus was on reproductions or restoration. Anything with a pot metal or ZMAC base is certainly in this category (such as these fluted glass knobs). Also a set screw with anything other than a slotted head screw is another dead giveway as a production. There are also higher end reproductions with cast brass bases (such as these octagonal glass reproductions here)

I am needing an old glass doorknob to go on my 100 year old door. I have found one to purchase for around $35.00. The description says that it is dark in the center. Do you know why that it might be dark in the center?

I have 8 sets of glass door knobs I bought from estate sale could you tell me Aprox. Age and would you be interested in purchasing also how do I send you pics if these I also have a 6 seat of Disney Bavarian China 3 saucersA tea cup per seat also 4 ashtrays and creamer sugar bowl and teapot I found one saucer identical to mine on eBay it was $79 for the one small saucer I think 1930 could you direct me to an interested party need money for Christmas thanks

2) For a threaded knobs, you could get a very large screw from a hardware store. You would likely need to drill out the hole in your drawer to accommodate it. Also, once you know exactly where it will go in your knob, you should mark with a sharpie through the set screw hole, take the knob off, and file a little flat spot for the set screw to push against. That will help prevent the knob from spinning in your hand.

Hello, Ty for this very informative site. makes identifying very easy. I just have 1 unanswered question. I have a round glass knob with brass base. I want to know if the center of the inside glass has a shiny star/flower instead of the same shape but made of glass, does this mean its a reproduction?

Installation was super easy. The latch and strike plate were staying so I simply removed the old knobs, slid the new ones through with my new back plates, screwed the plates directly onto the door, and tightened the handle. Easier and faster than replacing standard door handles (and about the same price!)

I recently picked up a vintage glass knob set (for way toouch $) to put on my daughters door but don't like the round plates we had on hand. I love this idea and will try to convince my hubs to help me do this!!!

Prices for vintage glass knobs vary widely, depending on condition, rarity, style, and color. For the most common, 12-sided molded-glass knobs, expect to pay between $30 and $50 a pair. Sets of six- or eight-sided knobs cost between $60 and $100, while a pair of cut-crystal balls can go for as much as $500. Most valuable are red, cobalt, and Vaseline-glass knobs. Such fine knobs were used in mansions at the entrances to formal areas, such as parlors and dining rooms, where homeowners entertained guests. 041b061a72

소개

그룹에 오신 것을 환영합니다. 다른 회원과의 교류 및 업데이트 수신, 동영상 공유 등의 활동을 시작하세요.

그룹 페이지: Groups_SingleGroup

구독 양식

제출해주셔서 감사합니다!

070-4335-8906

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn

©2021 by 보건교육사회적협동조합. Proudly created with Wix.com

bottom of page